Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to answer the following essential questions:
· What is misbehavior and why does it happen?
· Describe the four functions of misbehavior.
· Determine the key components of Maslow’s Theory of Hierarchy.
· What are the inconsequential and consequential behaviors? Why is it important to identify them?
· Why is preparation important?
· Why are classroom procedures and expectations necessary for a safe and orderly environment?
· How can you manage a classroom as a guest teacher?
· How might prevention decrease unwanted behavior?
· What are the four keys to classroom management?
· Determine the importance of reminders and reteaching desired behavior.
· Analyze the mistakes teachers make for a safe and orderly class.
· Explore strategies for the most challenging behaviors.
· Describe how positive relationships can boost good behavior.
· Reflect on your thoughts and attitudes about behavior and classroom management.
The course includes over 5 hours of video lessons with instruction and a workbook full of reflections, summaries, and activities.